Remove a DIMM
- (If needed) Prepare for service.
See Preparing for Service.
- (If needed) Locate the faulty DIMM.
See Locate a Faulty DIMM.
- Remove the DIMM from the motherboard.
- Push down on the ejector tabs on each side of the DIMM until
the DIMM is released (panel 1).
- Grasp the top corners of the DIMM, and lift and remove it from
the server module (panel 2).
- Place the DIMM on an antistatic mat.
- Install a replacement DIMM.
See Install a DIMM.
Note - DIMMs of the same capacity are available with different rank classifications and cannot
be mixed in the server module. For example, you cannot install a combination
of quad-rank and dual-rank 16-GByte DIMMs. Refer to the label on the DIMM
for capacity and rank information. See DIMM Configuration Guidelines.