A network channel is a
configurable resource that defines the attributes of a network
connection to WebLogic Server. For instance, a network channel can
- The protocol the connection supports.
- The listen address.
- The listen ports for secure and non-secure communication.
- Connection properties such as the login timeout value and
maximum message sizes.
- Whether or not the connection supports tunneling.
- Whether the connection can be used to communicate with other
WebLogic Server instances in the domain, or used only for
communication with clients.
For more information on network channels, see Configuring Network
To configure a custom network
channel from the Administration Console: