EPM System deployment follows this workflow. Each part of the workflow is described in the sections as noted in the table below:
If you are installing Financial Close Management, follow the installation and configuration sequence described in Financial Close Management (Close Manager and Account Reconciliation Manager) Installation Checklist.
If you are upgrading from an earlier release of EPM System products, use EPM System Installer and EPM System Configurator to install products in a new environment, following the process in Upgrading EPM System Products. Upgrading does not apply to moving from Release 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, or Release 220.127.116.11 to Release 18.104.22.168.
If you are moving from Release 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, or Release 188.8.131.52 to Release 184.108.40.206, Use the “Apply Maintenance Release” option in EPM System Installer, and see Performing a Maintenance Release Installation for EPM System Products.
1. Meet the system requirements.
Oracle Enterprise Performance Management System Certification Matrix (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/ias/downloads/fusion-certification-100350.html)
2. Plan the installation and perform prerequisite tasks.
3. Prepare the installation files.
4. Install EPM System products.
Ensure that you meet any installation prerequisites that apply to your environment. Installation Prerequisites and Requirements.
Before you begin, determine the type of installation you plan to perform:
For details on each installation type, see Installation Type.
If you are upgrading from an earlier release, you must choose “New Installation” and install in a new installation location.
5. Configure EPM System products using EPM System Configurator.
Ensure that you meet any configuration prerequisites that apply to your environment.
For more information about required configuration sequence, see Configuration Sequence.
In a distributed environment, configure Foundation Services first. Foundation Services must be installed and configured in order for other products to configure successfully.
Configure other EPM System products, and then configure the Web server last: (Select the Foundation Services “Configure Web Server” task.) Then, restart the Web server and refresh EPM Workspace. If you configured Oracle HTTP Server to a shared drive, you can simply restart the Web server and refresh EPM Workspace; you do not have to reconfigure the Web server. See Refreshing EPM Workspace.
If you are enabling SSL in your deployment, see the Oracle Enterprise Performance Management System Security Configuration Guide before you configure. Different SSL configurations have implications for the choices you make during configuration using EPM System Configurator. Also, there are additional post-configuration tasks when deploying an SSL configuration.
6. Optionally, manually deploy EPM System Java web applications.
7. Any time you deploy additional products, reconfigure the Web Server and then restart it (or simply restart it if you configured Oracle HTTP Server to a shared drive) on each machine hosting Foundation Services.
Then, refresh EPM Workspace on each Foundation Services host machine in your deployment.
8. Perform any required manual configuration tasks for your products.
9. Start EPM System services.
10. Validate the installation using Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management System Diagnostics and verify deployment.
11. Enable external authentication and provision users.
|Oracle Enterprise Performance Management System User Security Administration Guide|
During installation, configuration, and validation, keep a list of all user names and passwords that you use to create or modify the system, including the applications with which they are associated and their purpose.