Setting Central Currency Views
Central Currency Amounts can be set for viewing in all data marts, including all BI reports, based on exchange rates per property. Central Currency is identified on columns starting with "c_" and can be viewed along with the local currency amount columns.
The local currency amount columns are identified as:
The central currency amount columns are identified as:
Verify that the add-on license code OPI_BIDA or OPI_BIEX is active in OCIS, or that the OBI OPI_<version number> OBI Enterprise (Multiple Properties) or OPI_BUIP_<version number> OBI Standard (Single) license codes are active.
Configure Central Currency for Datamart Views
- Access Property Configuration>CRO Configuration and verify that the CRO's local central currency code is selected.
- Set the exchange rate type in Application Settings>Global>Profiles>DEFAULT STAY RECORD EXCHANGE CODE. This application setting sets a default exchange code for stay records upload. Since more than one exchange code (set up via Configuration>Cashiering>Foreign Currency>Exchange Codes) can be defined for the memberships area (the Membership check box is selected on the Exchange Codes - New/Edit screen), this setting defines which of these codes will be used to calculate the exchange rate for stay records.
- Verify that the exchange rate and exchange percentage for the currency type is configured in Configuration>Cashiering>Foreign Currency>Exchange Rates. This menu option is available when the Cashiering>Foreign Currency Handling application function is set to Y.
- These steps will provide the correct values for central rate exchange calculations and views in OBI and data marts.
- In OBI, do a full rebuild of the cubes and the currency exchange will apply to the selected OBI cubes.