Move an Account
This option is used to change the position of an Account within the Account/sub-account hierarchy. It is also a good "housekeeping" or correction feature.
Some of the reasons you would want to move an account include:
- A master account is taken over by another company and becomes a sub-account.
- A sub-account is bought out by (and becomes a sub- account of) another account.
- A sub-account buys itself out from the parent company and becomes a master account.
How To Move an Account
Whenever using the Move option, make sure you select the Account that you want to move, for example:
- If you are making a sub-account into a master account, select the sub-Account.
- If you are making an account into a sub-account, select the account that will become a sub-account.
- If you are moving a sub-account from one master to another, select the sub-account.