Rooming List Imports
Rooming Lists can be created in XML lists outside of OPERA and then imported into existing blocks in OPERA, automatically creating the reservations. This eliminates time- consuming typing within the application and provides a more productive workflow. For example, a third-party agent can create XML rooming lists, supply the list to the client, the client places the list in a central location, the reservation agent creates the block in OPERA and proceeds to import the rooming list into the block. Rooming list imports is available for OPERA PMS, S&C, and ORS.
- An application function must be set to activate this functionality. Select Blocks>GROUP ROOMING LIST IMPORT function = Y. When the Import List functionality is enabled, the Import List button appears on the Group Rooming List screen.
- The .XML rooming list must be created in a pre-defined format.
- A pre-defined .XML file format is located in the ORS folder on your application server: application server\micros\opera\Tools\ORS\RoomingListImport.1.0.xml. (Another file, RoomingListImport.1.0 in .XSD format, is also included that shows additional fields that can be entered in the rooming list.)
- Copy the .XML file and make it available for everyone to use to create their rooming lists.
- For ease, the file can be opened and edited in Microsoft Office Excel in .XLS format. When all names and information have been entered for the reservation, the file must be saved in the XML Data .XML format.
Note: The only format accepted by the rooming list import in OPERA is XML. No other formats will be accepted. MICROS chose this format because it will provide the ability for OPERA, in the future, to accept data through Web Services.
Imported Rooming Lists Fields
The following fields are typically used for rooming lists. Those marked as Required must be completed and valid before OPERA will accept the imported file:
recordNumber - Required - A user-defined unique record number for the guest reservation (unique per property, per block).
resortId - Optional - If entered, the property code must match the property code for the property and block into which this file will be imported.
blockCode - Optional - If entered, the block code must match the block code of the block into which this file will be imported.
guestLastName - Required - Last name of the guest.
guestFirstName - Optional - First name of the guest.
guestTitle - Optional - Title of the guest.
guestLastAlternateName - Optional - Last name of guest's alternate name.
guestFirstAlternateName - Optional - First name of guest's alternate name.
arrivalDate - Required - Arrival date must be within the dates of the block dates this file will be imported. Numeric format mm/dd/yyyy.
departureDate - Required - Departure date must be within the dates of the block dates this file will be imported. Numeric format mm/dd/yyyy.
roomType - Optional - Room type code must match the room type code of the property, if entered.
numberRooms - Required - Number of rooms has to be a minimum of 1.
numberAdults - Required - (unless Number of Children is entered) Interrelated with numberChildren. Enter the number of adults. The minimum can be 0, only if the number of children is at least 1.
numberChildren - Optional - Interrelated with numberAdults. If the number of children is at least 1, then the number of adults field can be 0.
shareRecordNumber - Optional - This field is entered only if this reservation is shared. If shared, enter the record number of the guest with whom this is being shared.
ta_Record_Locator - Optional. - Travel Agent Record Locator number. Refer to Travel Agent Reference Number for more information.
date_of_Birth - Optional - The date of birth of the individual profile.
language_Code - Optional - The primary language used for the profile.
nationality_Code - Optional - The nationality of the individual.
passport - Optional - The passport number for the profile.
Save the XML Rooming List file and access the Import List function in OPERA.
Importing the Rooming List
- Access the business blocks functionality by selecting Reservations>Business Blocks. The Business Block Search screen appears.
- At the Business Block Search screen, search for the property and business block you want to import the rooming list into. Highlight the desired block and select the Edit button. The Business Block Reservation screen appears.
- On the Business Block Reservation screen, select the Resv button. The Room Grid Reservations screen appears.
- On the Reservation Grid Reservations screen, select the Group Options button. The Group Options menu appears.
- On the Group Options menu, select the Rooming List button. The Group Rooming List screen appears.
- On the Group Rooming List screen, highlight the desired Group/Block name and select the Import List button. The File Upload screen appears (see below).
- At the File Upload screen, select the LOV to locate your rooming list .xml file. Select your file.
- When your file name appears in the Select File field, select the Upload button. If the file passes validation, the rooming list will be uploaded and guest names will appear on the Group Rooming List for Block Number screen.
- To save this list and begin processing, select the Save button.
- After saving, select Close to close the screen.
Rooming Lists Import Considerations
- During various stages of the rooming list import and upload process, the system makes several checks. If any errors are found, either the entire file is rejected or error messages appear informing the user of what needs to be corrected. If corrections are needed, the file will have to be imported again after the errors have been corrected.
- Once the initial validations are successfully completed, the imported data will be shown in the Group Rooming List for Block Number screen and placed in a staging area. The user will have the option to process these records by selecting Save. Any other validation such as room type, restrictions, number of rooms available will be performed at this stage by the system.
- Once the user processes the stage record into the rooming list table, the record becomes locked and cannot be changed by the user or by a subsequent import. Changes to the record must be done in the regular OPERA reservation or rooming list screen.
- There is no result message (response) from the rooming list import to an external system. All communication regarding the import is at the application level and will occur while the user is importing and processing the records.
- Rooming list information accepted by the import is limited to fields accepted through the application. There is no extra functionality provided with the import.
- Traces, messages and quick split functionality is not supported through the import.
- Payment information is accepted through the import.
- The import accepts one address and one email information for purposes of sending a confirmation letter to the guest. Sending the confirmation letter to the guest is not be part of the import process.
- Updating rooming list records is not supported. Once the imported data is processed, no changes to the data can be accepted. All records will be treated as new records.
- The import does not return any information back to the originating system, i.e. this process is only one way to import data into OPERA, with no return information.
- One import (i.e. xml file) can be for many rooming lists, even for different blocks and properties.
- Only Guest profiles will be accepted in a rooming list. Only one profile per reservation is accepted. There will be no matching against existing profiles in OPERA.
- Dates of the reservation must be between the dates of the block plus/minus a buffer of extra days (including if shoulder dates is set).