The general steps for generating the XBRL instance:
Setting Up the Disclosure Management Server
Use the General Settings tab to set up server names and options:
- Server Name—The server name of the server where Disclosure Management resides.
- Port—The port number that the Service is listening to; the default is 19000.
- Enter URL Manually—Filled in by default, and you probably don't need to change it. However, in special circumstances like clustering, point the URL to a server in the cluster.
- Package Name—The name of the package in the form of a zip file when generating the XBRL instance.
- Validation Report Format—The validation report that is preferred. We support only HTML.
- Publish requires Valid XBRL—If selected, then no instance is generated when there is an error. Oracle recommends keeping this option clear for this release; it is not fully tested.
- Message Limit— Controls the number of messages that will be logged into the validation HTML that is delivered when published successfully.
- Arelle Options— This option enables the software to better integrate with Arelle. When this option is enabled, it will show the Preview option. To enable, select the check box and set the location.
- Jurisdictions— This option enables the Disclosure Management server to generate the XBRL instance for both EIOPA and Other. Select Other to generate the XBRL instance, if the templates are not part of EIOPA.
- Enable Diagnostics— This option enables
During the installation process of Disclosure Management High–Volume XBRL client, a new jurisdictions dialog box is displayed, and then select either EIOPA (QMR) or Other.
In Disclosure Management High–Volume XBRL Options dialog box, under the General tab, you can also change the selection from EIOPA (QMR) to Other.
In Jurisdictions, if you select Other, which enables you to generate the XBRL instance for other than EIOPA templates.
Use the Scan settings tab to publish the empty cells.
Financial Management Settings
On the HFM Settings tab, you configure your connection to HFM:
Set the Financial Management Server URL, and then connect.
Set up the POV.
Setting the Financial Management Server URL
Set the following entries first. After setting them up, click Open:
Provider URL—Needed by the software to connect to Financial Management.
Application—The source Financial Management application.
Cluster—The Financial Management Server.
After setting up the server names and options above, click Open. Enter a user name and password for Financial Management. The Financial Management POV section should now be enabled.
Setting Up the Financial Management POV
After connecting to Financial Management, choose POVs. Set up five POVs:
To set the Point of View:
From Dimension drop-down list, select a dimension. For example, you can select one of these options: Scenario, Entity, View, Year, and Period.
Scenario—Select a scenario. “Actual” is the standard application scenario.
Year—Select the year for this reporting period.
Period—Select the period for this reporting period.
Entity—Select the required entity. Select either Solo (Insurance entities) or Group entities.
Jurisdiction —Select the required jurisdiction. Select either one of these: SII, FS, or ECB.
(Optional) In Search, you can search for a dimension member. Based on the search, the available dimension members list is displayed in the below box.
(Optional) Click Reset to last applied values. This option removes the local query cache.
Extracting and Uploading the Flat File Data for High Volume XBRL (HVX)
To set up the “flat file” data:
Log in to the source system such as FDM and extract the HTM version of the required reports listed in the “Schedule” drop down list. For example:
Upload the extracted files to Disclosure Management.
Extracting FDM Data for QMR
Extract S.06.02/Assets-D1and S.08.01/Assets-D2O to HTM format from the FDM reporting screen (using the options for data extract instead of the options for formatted reporting):
After data is validated and imported, you can extract it for XBRL reporting. To generate the extract, complete the following steps:
To generate the extract, complete the following steps:
Open and log in to the FDM web client.
Select EPM, then FDM, then Web Server Components, and then Web logon.
Select Analysis, and then Report.
From the list, select Quantitative Management Reporting for Solvency II.
For output format, select HTM.
Double-click an extract report (Assets-D1 or Assets-D2O).
Select the FDM Data Category, the Accounting Period, and other report-specific parameters, such as Entity and Currency, and then click OK to run the extract.
Uploading Flat File Data to Disclosure Management
To upload Flat File data to Disclosure Management:
Go to the FDM Settings tab in HVX Disclosure Management.
Select the schedule that you want to upload from the drop down list.
Select the location of the data file that is relevant to the schedule selected above.
Repeat the steps for all schedules that are expected to be reported.
Optional: If you must update the flat file schedules, repeat the steps to overwrite the previous upload.