Purpose: Use this screen to define whether the system performs online credit card authorization during order entry.
Yes/no field: Select this field if you wish to perform online credit card authorization during order entry.
Online credit card authorization allows you to send and receive electronically the information required to authorize a credit card when the order is placed instead of when the pick slip is generated for the order.
The system performs online authorization when you select Accept to accept an order after determining if the order should go on hold.
When you perform online credit card authorization, the system:
1. Determines if the order is eligible for online authorization.
3. Sends the authorization amount to the authorization service.
4. receives a response from the authorization service.
5. Displays the , based on the settings defined for the authorization response received. You can use this window to review the response received from the authorization service and any messages defined for the vendor response.
6. processes any end-of-order updates and sends the order to the Order Async.
7. creates a record in the Online Authorization table, based on the authorization response received.
9. creates a record in the Void Authorization table, based on the authorization response received.
Note: If you do not receive an authorization response for the credit card payment method during order entry or you receive a declined authorization response, you can re-send the order for authorization during order maintenance at the , using the menu option, or during pick slip generation if the Batch/online field for the authorization service contains a C (online and batch authorizations).
Performing Online Verification Only: If the system control value is selected, the system processes online authorizations for $1.00 for the purpose of validating the card. During batch authorizations, the system authorizes the card for the shippable dollar amount and voids the online authorization for $1.00.