Working with email contents and layouts in the Design Editor
Note: All emails and landing pages created in the Classic Design Editor are now legacy assets. They are now view-only and not editable. Users can create emails and landing pages with the Design Editor and Source Editor. Learn more in our product notice. Learn more about the differences between the different editors for emails and for landing pages.
The Oracle Eloqua email Design Editor uses contents and layouts to help you build your email.
Contents are types of elements that you can include in your email. Content types include text, buttons, images, and more. You can add content to sections of a layout. Content added to layouts create a content block in your email.
Layouts determine where you can place content. Layouts consist of one or more columns that you can add content to. Oracle Eloqua provides you with several layouts that you can customize with content.
Learn how to work with these design components:
- Adding content or layouts
- Copying content blocks or layouts
- Moving content blocks or layouts
- Deleting content blocks or layouts
- Resizing columns
- Padding and borders
After you initially choose a layout for your email, you can add contents and layouts to customize the email design.
To add contents or layouts:
- With your email open, drag content or layouts to your email.
To copy content blocks or layouts:
- With your email open, click the content block or layout you want to copy.
- Click .
- Move the content block or layout to the location you want it.
You can move a content block vertically or horizontally. You can move a content block to a new layout. You can move a layout vertically.
Note: You cannot move content blocks if you are in the mobile view. You can move a layout in mobile view.
To move content blocks or layouts:
- With your email open, click the content block or layout you want to move.
- Click and drag the content block or layout to the new location.
To delete content blocks or layouts:
- With your email open, click the content block or layout you want to delete.
- Click . You can click to undo your change.
To resize columns in a layout:
- With your email open, click on the layout that contains the columns you want to resize.
- Click on or to decrease or increase the size of the columns.
You can add padding to most content blocks and add borders to both a content block and layout.
You can adjust the space around a content block using the padding options available from the panel. You cannot adjust the padding for a layout.
Add a border around the content block or layout by turning on borders. For multi-column layouts, you can adjust the borders for each column.
The border goes around the padding.