Creating landing pages using the Design Editor
Important: Starting May 2019, you will not be able to create new assets using the Classic Email and Classic Landing Page Design editors. Existing assets will be editable. As of August 2019, all legacy assets will be view-only and not editable. We recommend customers start preparing in advance for this transition by reconfiguring their existing content. Learn more in our product notice.
It's easy to create dynamic and responsive landing pages using the Design Editor. The Design Editor lets you add elements to your landing page using the graphical user interface without touching any HTML code. Learn more about creating an HTML landing page using the Source Editor or uploading an HTML landing page.
When creating your landing page, different combinations of devices and operating systems may have differing results. The following browsers have been identified as the most commonly used clients and have been tested for responsive or mobile friendly elements:
Learn more by watching this video!
To create a landing page using the Design Editor:
- Navigate to Assets , then click Landing Pages.
- Click Create a Landing Page to open the Template Chooser window.
- Choose a template or layout for the landing page. To build a fully responsive email in the Design Editor, choose Blank Responsive Landing Page or one of the layout options.
Design Editor responsive layouts
Source Editor template
- Name your landing page by clicking Untitled Landing Page in the top left and typing a new name.
- Click to configure your landing page settings.
- General Settings:
Select the microsite that you want to add the landing page to from the Microsite drop-down list. Learn more about
Important: A microsite is required to launch your landing page.
- To make the landing page URL more descriptive, add a Vanity URL. The vanity URL must be unique. Otherwise, Oracle Eloqua uses an ID for the landing page's URL.
- Optionally, add a custom browser title in the Browser Title box. Text in the Browser Title box it will reflect accordingly in the browser tab of the live landing page.
- Advanced Settings:
- To prevent visits to the landing page, toggle the Externally Visible option to the off position. Visitors will not be able to view the landing page until it is external. Learn more about changing the visibility of a landing page.
- Choose the redirect option from the Redirect Settings section:
- None: No redirect occurs.
- Automatically Redirect: Redirect the user to a new page. You can specify how many seconds before redirecting the visitor. The redirect will continue to work if you disable the Externally Visible option.
- Automatically Close Window: No redirect and the browser window closes. You can specify how many seconds before closing the window.
- Code and Tracking:
- General Settings:
- Build your page using the components on the left pane of the landing page. Learn about working with content blocks and layouts.
- Click Save.
After saving your landing page, you can preview and test it or use the URL to test it in different browsers.