Updating Instance Pools
You can change the size of an instance pool, attach existing instances to a pool, attach load balancers and network load balancers, and update various other properties.
For background information about instance pools and instance configurations, see Using Instance Configurations and Instance Pools.
- Updating the Size of an Instance Pool
- Attaching an Instance to an Instance Pool
- Detaching an Instance from an Instance Pool
- Attaching a Load Balancer to an Instance Pool
- Detaching a Load Balancer from an Instance Pool
- Updating the Instance Configuration for an Instance Pool
- Renaming an Instance Pool
- Editing Custom Instance Display and Instance Host Names
- Updating Instance Placement in an Instance Pool
- Tagging Resources
Avoid entering confidential information when assigning descriptions, tags, or friendly names to cloud resources through the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console, API, or CLI.
Required IAM Policy
To use Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, you must be granted security access in a policy by an administrator. This access is required whether you're using the Console or the REST API with an SDK, CLI, or other tool. If you get a message that you don’t have permission or are unauthorized, verify with your administrator what type of access you have and which compartment to work in.
For administrators: For a typical policy that gives access to instance pools and instance configurations, see Let users manage Compute instance configurations, instance pools, and cluster networks.