Using the DNS Management Overview to Manage DNS Services
This topic describes the Overview page in the DNS Management section of the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console. The Overview provides information on all of the available DNS services.
Manage DNS Services Section
The Manage DNS Services section provides you with details on Zones and Traffic Management Steering Policies and links to set them up.
Public DNS Zones hold the trusted DNS records that will reside on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure's nameservers. You can create public zones with publicly available domain names. Private DNS zones contain domain names that resolve DNS queries for private IP addresses within a VCN. You can create private zones to define your own domain name for private address resolution.
Traffic Management Steering Policies help you guide traffic to your endpoints based on various conditions, including endpoint health and the geographic origins of DNS requests.
Service Health and Documentation Section
The Service Health tile displays the availability status of all DNS zone management systems in the selected region, and allows you to easily navigate to the Console's Oracle Cloud Infrastructure status page to check the availability status of all Oracle Cloud Infrastructure services, by region.
The Documentation list provides quick access to information about DNS offerings.
Supporting Services Section
The Supporting Services section provides links to additional DNS Management services available in the Console.
- Private Views allows you to logically group a set of private DNS zones.
- HTTP Redirects allows you to redirect HTTP traffic to another URL.
- TSIG Keys ensures that DNS packets originate from an authorized sender.
Getting Started Section
To make it easier to set up DNS Management, the Console has the following quickstart links to set up DNS services.
- Set Up a Zone creates and publishes a zone, complete with the necessary records.
- Private DNS allows you to define your own domain name for private endpoints.
- Set Up Steering Policies allows you to define the traffic management behavior for your zones.