Adding an Action to an Events Rule
Add an action to a rule in Events to perform a specific task.
For more information on using actions in a rule, see Matching Events with Filters.
- Open the navigation menu and click Observability & Management. Under Events Service, click Rules.
- Click the Name of the rule you want to update. If you don't see the rule that you want, verify that the correct compartment is selected.
- Under Resources, click Actions.
- Click Add.
- From the Action Type list in the Add Action dialog box, select the type of action to add and then provide the information specific to that resource.
- To add a stream, select Streaming, select the compartment where the stream that you want to use is located, and then select the stream.
- To add a topic, select Notifications, select the compartment where the topic that you want to use is located, and then select the topic.
- To add a function, select Functions, select the compartment where the function that you want to use is located, select the function application, and then select the function.
- To enable the action, select the Enabled check box. To disable the action, clear the check box.
- Click Add Action.
Run the UpdateRule operation to create a rule. Include the
actionattribute and its values to add an action.