Adding an Attribute to an Events Rule
Add an attribute to a rule to specify how it should operate.
See Matching Events with Filters for more information on using event types in an events rule.
- Open the navigation menu and click Observability & Management. Under Events Service, click Rules.
- Choose a Compartment you have permission to work in, and then click the Name of the rule you want to update.
- In the Resources menu, click Event Matching.
- Click Add Attribute. The Add Attribute box appears. Configure the attribute:
Attribute Name: Specify an attribute or tag to narrow matching results.
- Select an attribute name. The list of attribute names is based on the event types you selected. If you select no event types, you cannot add an attribute.
If you specify an attribute here, you limit the events that match this rule.
Attribute Values: Specify one or more values for the attribute name.
- Enter a value. As you type, the value appears under the field with (New) appended. Select the value with (New) appended to add the value to Attribute Values.
- Enter more values for attribute name in the same manner as before.
Here are some things to consider about attribute values:
- Click Add attribute.
See Matching Events with Filters for information on how to use attributes.