Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Free Tier
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure's Free Tier includes a free time-limited promotional trial that allows you to explore a wide range of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure products, and a set of Always Free offers that never expire.
The Free Trial provides you with $300 of cloud credits that are valid for up to 30 days. You may spend these credits on any eligible Oracle Cloud Infrastructure service.
For more information, and to see a complete list of services available to you during the trial, visit the Free Trial website.
During sign up, choose your home region carefully. You can provision Always Free Autonomous Databases only in your home region.
For security purposes, most users will need a mobile phone number and a credit card to create an account. Your credit card will not be charged unless you upgrade your account.
When Your Trial Period Ends
After your trial ends, your account remains active. There is no interruption to the availability of the Always Free Resources you have provisioned. You can terminate and re-provision Always Free resources as needed.
Paid resources that were provisioned with your credits during your free trial are reclaimed by Oracle unless you upgrade your account.
Pay as You Go accounts are available with no commitment, or contact an Oracle sales representative in your location to learn about monthly and annual flex accounts that offers discounted pricing. For more information, see Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Pricing.
All Oracle Cloud Infrastructure accounts (whether free or paid) have a set of resources that are free of charge for the life of the account. These resources display the Always Free label in the Console.
Using the Always Free resources, you can provision a virtual machine (VM) instance, an Oracle Autonomous Database, and the networking, load balancing, and storage resources needed to support the applications that you want build. With these resources, you can do things like run small-scale applications or perform proof-of-concept testing.
- Compute (up to two instances)
- Autonomous Database (up to two database instances)
- Load Balancing (one load balancer)
- Block Volume (up to 100 GB total storage)
- Object Storage (up to 20 GiB)
- Vault (up to 20 keys and up to 150 secrets)
For detailed information about the Always Free resources, see Details of the Always Free Resources.
You can find your tenancy’s limits for Always Free resources in the Console. To check these limits: Open the navigation menu. Under Governance and Administration, go to Limits, Quotas and Usage.
Quickly Launch Your Always Free Resources Using Resource Manager
Oracle offers you the ability to automatically create a full set of Always Free resources in a few minutes using the Resource Manager service's sample solutions feature. Solutions are pre-built Terraform configurations that help you easily create sets of resources used in common scenarios using a single, simple workflow. When you provision your Always Free resources using the provided sample solution, your resources are created with the settings and configuration you need to start creating applications in the cloud. You don't need to have experience with Terraform to use the sample solution. See To provision your Always Free using Terraform and Resource Manager for step-by-step instructions.
Note that Terraform refers to the set of resources being provisioned as a "stack". For a general introduction to Terraform and the "infrastructure-as-code" model, see Terraform: Write, Plan, and Create Infrastructure as Code.
- Log into your Oracle Cloud Infrastructure account.
- Open the navigation menu. Under Solutions and Platform, go to Resource Manager and click Stacks.
- Click the Create Stack button to open the Create Stack dialog.
- In the Create Stack dialog, click Sample Solution.
- Click Select Solution to browse available solutions.
- Select the check box for Sample E-Commerce Application.
- Click Select Solution.
- Optionally, provide a name for the new stack. If you don't provide a name, a default name is provided on the server. Avoid entering confidential information.
- Optionally, provide a description for the stack.
- Optionally, select a different compartment from your current compartment in which to create the stack. To do so, select a compartment from the Create In Compartment drop-down.
- Click Next to proceed to the Configure Variables panel.
- The variables displayed in the Configure Variables panel are auto-populated from the Terraform file that you uploaded. You don't need to change these variables if you are provisioning your Always Free resources using the Terraform file provided by Oracle.
- Click Next to proceed to the Review panel.
- Verify your stack configuration, then click Create to create your stack.
Your set of Always Free resources should take no more than a few minutes to provision.
Upgrading to a Paid Account
You can upgrade to a paid account at any time through the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console. To do so, click the Upgrade link in the banner at the top of the Console web page. If you don't see an Upgrade link on the page you are viewing, you can click the Oracle Cloud logo at the top of the Console and then look for the Upgrade link in the sidebar on the right side of the Console home page. You will continue to have access to all of your cloud resources after upgrading your account.
See Frequently Asked Questions: Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Free Tier for answers to your questions about Free Tier accounts and resources.