Quickly Launch Your Always Free Resources Using Resource Manager
Oracle offers you the ability to automatically create a full set of Always Free resources in a few minutes using the Resource Manager service's templates feature. Templates are pre-built Terraform configurations that help you easily create sets of resources used in common scenarios using a single, simple workflow. When you provision your Always Free resources using the provided template, your resources are created with the settings and configuration you need to start creating applications in the cloud. You don't need to have experience with Terraform to use the template.
To provision your Always Free resources using Terraform and Resource Manager
Note that Terraform refers to the set of resources being provisioned as a "stack". For a general introduction to Terraform and the "infrastructure-as-code" model, see Terraform: Write, Plan, and Create Infrastructure as Code.
- Log into your Oracle Cloud Infrastructure account.
- Click the Create Stack button to open the Create Stack dialog.
- In the Create Stack dialog, click Sample Solution.
- Click Select Solution to browse available solutions.
- Select the check box for Sample E-Commerce Application.
- Click Select Solution.
- Optionally, provide a name for the new stack. If you don't provide a name, a default name is provided on the server. Avoid entering confidential information.
- Optionally, provide a description for the stack.
- Optionally, select a different compartment from your current compartment in which to create the stack. To do so, select a compartment from the Create In Compartment drop-down.
- Click Next to proceed to the Configure Variables panel.
- The variables displayed in the Configure Variables panel are auto-populated from the Terraform file that you uploaded. You don't need to change these variables if you are provisioning your Always Free resources using the Terraform file provided by Oracle.
- Click Next to proceed to the Review panel.
- Verify your stack configuration, then click Create to create your stack.
Your set of Always Free resources should take no more than a few minutes to provision.