The Inter-Region Latency dashboard in the Console provides the average network round-trip latency (round-trip time or RTT) for all pairs of regions in an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure realm. In realms with only one region, the Inter-Region Latency dashboard is not available. The dashboard shows a current snapshot view and lets you view historic snapshots including up to a 30-day history. The latency information provided is not specific to your tenancy's workloads: these global statistics provide visibility into latency between all regions to help you plan scenarios such as backup and data transfers. This dashboard is not intended for use in troubleshooting.
The Inter-Region Latency dashboard shows two charts:
- The Current Inter-Region Round-Trip Time is a current snapshot expressed in milliseconds. This snapshot is an average of values over the last five minutes. This view updates every minute.
- The Inter-Region Round-Trip Time (ms) for the last 30 days is a historical view of the last 30 days
Using the Console
Both dashboards are on the same console screen. To view the dashboards:
- The Current Inter-Region Round-Trip Time chart is at the top of the page.
With this chart you can:
- Select two regions (one is the "from" region and one is the "to" region ) and click Show. The relevant cell is highlighted and displays the RTT in milliseconds for the origin/destination pair.
- Hover over the three-letter code in the heading row or column to see the region name associated with the code.
- Click a cell in the table corresponding to a pair of regions to highlight the cell. The cell displays the RTT in milliseconds for the origin/destination pair.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the Inter-Region Round-Trip Time
(ms) for the last 30 days chart. With this chart you can:
- Select two regions (one is the "from" region and one is the "to" region ) and click Show. The relevant graph of latency times between the origin/destination pair displays. The graph covers the last 30 days by default.
- Slide the beginning and end of the bar to change the time period covered by the chart using the date bar under the chart.
- Hover over a point on the graph to get the values in milliseconds for that point in time.
Using the API
This feature is not available using API operations.