Creating a PagerDuty Subscription
Create a PagerDuty subscription in Notifications.
Before You Begin
To create a PagerDuty subscription, you must have a PagerDuty endpoint. See Create a PagerDuty Endpoint in PagerDuty Integration Walkthrough. The walkthrough page also includes information about testing PagerDuty subscriptions and automatically triggering PagerDuty incidents.
These steps show how to open the Create Subscription panel from the details page for the topic that you want to add the subscription to. You can also open this panel from the Subscriptions page, specifying the topic in the panel: Click Create Subscription, and then select a Subscription Topic.
- Open the navigation menu and click Developer Services. Under Application Integration, click Notifications.
- On the Topics page, select the compartment that contains the topic that you want.
- Click the name of the topic that you want to add the subscription to.
- On the Topic Details page, click Create Subscription.
- In the Create Subscription panel, for Protocol, select PagerDuty.
Enter the integration key portion of the URL (PagerDuty endpoint).
The other portions of the URL are hard-coded. Full endpoint format:
Query parameters aren't allowed in URLs.
- Click Create.
Notifications creates the PagerDuty subscription and sends a confirmation URL to its endpoint. The subscription is pending until confirmation is received.
Run the CreateSubscription operation to create an HTTPS (Custom URL) subscription.