Getting an Auth Token
Before you can push and pull Docker images to and from Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry, you must already have an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure username and an auth token. If you haven't got an auth token, or you've forgotten it, or you're not sure, you can create a new auth token. You only see the auth token string when you create it, so be sure to copy the auth token to a secure location immediately.
Each user can have up to two auth tokens at a time. So if you do lose or forget the auth token, you can always create a second auth token.
To create a new auth token:
- In the top-right corner of the Console, open the Profile menu () and then click User Settings to view the details.
- On the Auth Tokens page, click Generate Token.
- Enter a friendly description for the auth token. Avoid entering confidential information.
- Click Generate Token. The new auth token is displayed.
- Copy the auth token immediately to a secure location from where you can retrieve it later, because you won't see the auth token again in the Console.
- Close the Generate Token dialog.