Attaching a Domain to a Policy
Create a new attachment between a steering policy and a domain, giving the policy permission to answer queries for the specified domain. A steering policy must be attached to a domain for the policy to answer DNS queries for that domain.
- Open the navigation menu and click Networking. Under DNS management, click Traffic management steering policies.
Click the name of the policy you want to create the domain attachment for.
You can use search for a policy by name in the Search field. You can also use the Time Created sort filter to sort the policies chronologically in ascending or descending order.
- Under Resources, click Attached domains.
- Click Add Attached Domain(s)
- In the Add Attached Domain(s) panel, enter the domain and then select a compartment and zone.
- Click Add.
- Click View changes to review the attached domain information, and then click Publish.
- Click Publish changes.
Use the steering-policy-attachment create command and required parameters to create a steering policy domain attachment:
oci dns steering-policy-attachment create --domain-name domain_name --steering-policy-id steering_policy_OCID --zone_id zone_OCID ... [OPTIONS]
For a complete list of flags and variable options for CLI commands, see the CLI Command Reference.