Connecting an SDDC to Other Resources in the VCN
Learn how to connect your SDDC to other recources in the VCN.
The workflow for configuring connectivity between your SDDC and other resources in the VCN does the following:
- Allows you to select subnets in the VCN that contain resources you want your SDDC to connect to. If the VCN has no subnets, you can use the Networking Wizard from the workflow to create them.
- Adds the route table, rules, or network security groups needed to enable routing between the SDDC's NSX Edge Uplink 1 VLAN and the resources in the selected subnets.
To use Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, you must be granted security access in a policy by an administrator. This access is required whether you're using the Console or the REST API with an SDK, CLI, or other tool. If you get a message that you don’t have permission or are unauthorized, verify with your administrator what type of access you have and which compartment to work in.
The workflow adds required route rules and security rules to the VCN resources. If you have reached your limits, you are prompted to check your existing rules and delete some to free up capacity.
Using the Console
- On the Details page of the SDDC, click Configure connectivity to VCN resources.
- Enter the SDDC workload CIDR. This CIDR block provides the IP addresses the VMware VMs use to run workloads. The minimum size is /30.
- Click Select Subnets.
- Check the check boxes of the subnets that contain resources your SDDC needs to connect to. You filter and sort the list to help you find the subnets you're interested in.
- Click Save Selection
- Click Next.
Review the details of the planned updates to your networking resources. The workflow creates or updates route tables and rules that impact the NSX Edge Uplink1 VLAN and the selected subnets.
If you choose to disallow an update, your SDDC might not have connectivity to the resources in a subnet. To complete the configuration, you can either return to the workflow later or make the required resource update manually outside of the workflow.
If you have permissions to create a resource, then you also have permissions to apply free-form tags to that resource. To apply a defined tag, you must have permissions to use the tag namespace. For more information about tagging, see Resource Tags. If you're not sure whether to apply tags, skip this option (you can apply tags later) or ask an administrator. To see the tagging options, click Show Advanced Options. The tags you specify are applied to all of the new resources created in this workflow.
When you are satisfied with the configuration settings, click Apply Configuration.
The Console displays the status of each operation in the workflow. In an error occurs, you can retry the operation. When you close the Applying Configuration window, you return to the SDDC Details page, which shows a summary of the resources that were updated and allows you to view each one by clicking the applicable link.