Creating a Discovery Work Request
After creating an asset source, run the Oracle Cloud Migrations external asset discovery.
Using the Console
- Open the Oracle Cloud Console navigation menu and click Migration. Under Cloud Migrations, click Discovery.
From the list of asset sources, click an active asset source.
The Asset source details page opens and you can view the active connectors that connect the discovery plugin with the source environment.
- Click Run Discovery to start a discovery job by refreshing the asset source.
- Under Resources, click Work requests and find the discovery job.
- Wait for the Status of a work request to change to Succeeded.
- Under Resources, click Assets.
Using the CLI
To run the external asset discovery for an asset source and get details of the
discovery work request, use the asset source
oci cloud-bridge discovery asset-source refresh --asset-source-id asset_source_ID [OPTIONS]
The required parameter for the
--asset-source-id: Specifies the OCID of the asset
To get all the commands for
oci cloud-bridge discovery asset-source -h
get help for the
For a complete list of flags and variable options for CLI commands, see the Command Line Reference.
oci cloud-bridge discovery asset-source refresh -h
Using the API
To get details of a discovery request for an asset source, use the asset source