Adding an Inline Artifact
Learn how to create a reference to artifacts defined inline.
You must create an artifact reference to point to the repository location containing the build output. Before you create an artifact reference, you must have a DevOps project.
You can create an inline artifact reference for the following types of artifact sources: instance group deployment configurations, general artifacts, and Kubernetes manifests.
Using the Console
- Open the navigation menu and click Developer Services. Under DevOps, click Projects.
- Select an existing project, or create a DevOps project.
- Click Add artifact.
- Enter a name for the artifact.
- For Type, select Instance group deployment configuration, General
artifact, or Kubernetes manifest.
A deployment configuration file defines the artifacts to be downloaded to the instance and the location where the artifacts must be copied. For more information, see Deployment Configuration File.
- For Artifact source, select Inline.
- For Value, enter the contents of the artifact that you want to deploy.
- Select Yes, substitute placeholders if you want to replace the placeholders in
the artifact content by argument values provided during the deployment. Otherwise,
For more information, see Configuring Parameters.
- (Optional) To add tags to the artifact, click Show tagging options. Tagging is a
metadata system that lets you organize and track the resources in your tenancy.
If you have permissions to create a resource, you also have permissions to add free-form tags to that resource.
To add a defined tag, you must have permissions to use the tag namespace.
For more information, see Resource Tags.
- Click Add.
Using the CLI
To create an inline artifact reference, run the
oci devops deploy-artifact create-inline-artifact
Required parameters for the
To get all the commands for
oci devops deploy-artifact -h
To get help for the
oci devops deploy-artifact create-inline-artifact -h
Using the API
To create an inline artifact reference, use the
CreateDeployArtifact operation. For
deployArtifactType attribute, select one of the following values: