Developer Tools and Resources
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure provides kits, tools, and plug-ins to facilitate the development of apps and simplify the management of infrastructure.
- Cloud Shell Cloud Shell is a free-to-use browser-based terminal accessible from the Oracle Cloud Console that provides access to a Linux shell with pre-authenticated Oracle Cloud Infrastructure CLI and other useful developer tools. You can use the shell to interact with OCI resources, follow labs and tutorials, and quickly run OCI CLI commands.
- Command Line Interface (CLI) The CLI is a small footprint tool that you can use on its own or with the Console to complete Oracle Cloud Infrastructure tasks. The CLI provides the same core functionality as the Console, plus additional commands. Some of these, such as the ability to run scripts, extend the Console's functionality.
- Code Editor provides a rich, in-console editing environment that enables you to edit code and update service workflows and scripts without having to switch between the Console and your local development environment.
- Software Development Kits and Command Line Interface Oracle Cloud Infrastructure provides Software Development Kits (SDKs) to enable the development of apps and custom solutions. The following SDKs are currently available:
- DevOps Tools These tools can simplify provisioning and managing infrastructure or enable automated testing and continuous delivery. Tools include Terraform Provider used with Resource Manager.
- Other Tools These developer productivity tools include the HDFS Connector for Object Storage, the OCI Toolkit for Eclipse, and the Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio.
- API Reference and Appendices This general reference shows how to configure the SDKs and other developer tools to integrate with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure services.
- REST APIs This complete reference provides details on the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure REST APIs, including descriptions, syntax, endpoints, errors, and signatures.
- DevOps Tutorials These tutorials show you how to complete development related tasks with step-by-step instructions.
You can also stay up-to-date on the latest news on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure developer tools with these other resources and communities.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Blog Check out posts that are tagged with Developer Tools
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Forum See the latest discussion threads tagged with Developer Tools
- Stack Overflow Ask and answer questions tagged with oracle-cloud-infrastructure
- Twitter Follow Oracle Developers @oracledevs and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure @OracleIaaS on Twitter