Getting Started with Service Mesh
To set up Service Mesh, several steps need to be performed. The following sections describe the prerequisites, requirements, and steps needed.
Service Mesh Prerequisites
Before you add Service Mesh to your application, ensure you have the following setup or installed.
- Install the following on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- An existing Oracle Container Engine Kubernetes cluster running a supported Kubernetes version. See Supported Versions of Kubernetes for version details.
- An application deployed to the previous created cluster.
- Install the following on a laptop, personal computer, or virtual machine that
manages your Kubernetes application.
- Oracle OCI CLI 3.8.0 or later. See Working with OCI CLI for installation instructions.
- The Kubernetes CLI tool
kubectl. See Install Kubernetes Tools for details.
- Ensure you can access the OKE cluster from the command line
kubectlby setting up the
kube-configfile. For detailed steps, see: Setting Up Local Access to Clusters
- Ensure you can access the OKE cluster from the command line using
- Docker, see Getting Started with Docker for details.
- Install the following to accumulate and graph service mesh data:
Currently, Service Mesh only supports Flannel overlay networking.