Building a Custom Model
Build custom models in Vision to extract insights from images without needing data scientists.
Before you begin
A paid tenancy account in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
Familiarity with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Object Storage.
The correct policies.
Using the Console, learn how to create a Vision project, and how to train an image classification and object detection model.
- Open the navigation menu and click Analytics & AI. Under AI Services, click Vision.
Create a project.
- From the Vision home page, under Custom Models, click Projects.
- Click Create project
- Select the compartment for the project.
- Enter a Name and description for the project. Avoid entering confidential information.
- Click Create project.
- In the list of projects, click the name of the project that you just created.
- On the project details page, click Create Model.
- Select the Model type to train: Image classification or Object detection.
Select the training data.
- If you don't have any annotated images, select Create a new
You're taken to OCI Data Labeling, where you can create a dataset and add labels or draw bounding boxes over the image content. For more information, see Creating a Dataset and the section on labeling images in the Data Labeling documentation.
- If you have an existing annotated dataset, select Choose existing
dataset and then select the data source:
- If you annotated the dataset in Data Labeling, click Data labeling service and then select the dataset.
- If you annotated the images by using a third-party tool, click Object storage and then select the bucket that contains the images.
- If you don't have any annotated images, select Create a new dataset.
- Click Next.
- Enter a display name for the custom model.
- (Optional) Give the model a description to help you find it.
Select the Training duration.
- Recommended training Vision automatically selects the training duration to create the best model. The training might take up to 24 hours.
- Quick training This option produces a model that's not fully optimized but is available in about an hour.
- Custom This option lets you to set your own maximum training duration (in hours).
- Click Next.
- Review the information you provided in the previous steps. To make any changes, click Previous.
- When you want to start training the custom model, click Create and train.
Use the create command and required parameters to create a project:
oci ai-vision project create [OPTIONS]
Use the create command and required parameters to create a model:For a complete list of flags and variable options for CLI commands, see the CLI Command Reference.
oci ai-vision model create [OPTIONS]