As the cloud account administrator with the Functional Administrator or System Administrator application role, you validate the data after loading the source data from Oracle Applications Cloud in to your data warehouse.
About Validating Your Data
As an administrator, you can validate a library of metrics between your Oracle Analytics for Applications instance and the Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence instance. The library of metrics is part of Oracle Analytics for Applications.
Prerequisites for Data Validation
Here's a list of prerequisites for validating your data as an administrator:
- Ensure that you can access the Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence instance and run queries.
- Ensure that you have the same data security privileges in Oracle Analytics for Applications instance and the Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence instance.
- Create a custom BI Abstract role and associate it with the FAWService user.
Create a Custom BI Abstract Role
You create a BI Abstract role and associate it with the FAWService user.
- Sign in to Oracle Applications Cloud with your administrator credentials.
- Navigate to Tools and then to Security Console.
- In the Security Console, select the Roles tab, and then click Create Role.
- In the Create Roles wizard, on the Basic Information page, enter a role name such as OAX Custom Data Validation Role and a role code such as OAX_CUSTOM_DATA_VALIDATION_ROLE, and select BI - Abstract Roles as role category.
- In the Create Roles wizard, on the Role Hierarchy page, add the BI Impersonator role as a member of the newly created BI Abstract role.
- In the Create Roles wizard, on the Users page, add the FAWService user to the newly created BI Abstract role.
- In the Create Roles wizard, on the Summary page, verify the details, save, and then close the wizard.
Validate Your Data
Validate the data after loading the source data in to your data warehouse.
- Sign in to your service.
- In Oracle Analytics for
Applications, open the Application Navigation menu, click Console, and then click Data Validation. You see the Data Validation page.
- On the Data Validation page, select the subject area such as Financials - GL Balance Sheet, a metric related to the selected subject area, and the validation context that you want to validate.You see the Required Parameter section. You see the Optional Parameter section too, if optional parameters are defined for the selected metric.
- In Required Parameter, for each parameter, click the magnifying lens icon to open the Parameter Value Selection dialog.
- In Parameter Value Selection, select the values that are displayed, or search for values, or click Show More Values, and then move them to the Selected Values box using the arrows.
- Click Select to retain the selection.
- On the Data Validation page, click Run to show the metric values in the Oracle Analytics for Applications instance and the Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence instance.