Creating a Data Catalog
You complete a single form to create a Data Catalog instance. Oracle takes care of service management, patching, backup and restore, and other service lifecycle tasks.
Using the Console
Here's how you create a data catalog instance:
- In the Console, open the navigation menu, and then under Data and AI, click Data Catalog.
- Click Create Data Catalog. The Create Data Catalog dialog opens.
- Select the compartment where you want to create the data catalog instance.
- Enter a name for the data catalog instance.
- (Optional) Enter one or more tags for your data catalog resource. Tags help organize and track all the resources within your tenancy.
- Click Create Data Catalog. The data catalog is created within seconds and is listed in the Data Catalogs page.
Using the API
Use the CreateCatalog operation to create a data catalog instance.
For information about using the API and signing requests, see REST APIs and Security Credentials. For information about SDKs, see Software Development Kits and Command Line Interface.
Viewing Created Instances
To view all the data catalog instances you create, from the Console, open the navigation menu. Under Data and AI, click Data Catalog. The Data Catalogs page displays all the data catalog instances created in your tenancy. Click an instance name to open and use the data catalog.
Configuring Data Catalog to Access a Private Network
Refining the Data Catalogs List
Select a compartment from the Compartment drop-down menu to see only the instances created within that compartment. Additionally, use the State drop-down menu to filter the list to only display instances with the selected state.
Here's how you delete a data catalog instance:
- In the Console, open the navigation menu.
- Under Data and AI, click Data Catalog.
- Locate the instance you want to delete and from the Actions icon (three dots), click Terminate.
- In the Terminate dialog, click Terminate to confirm that you want to delete the data catalog instance.