Creating an Integration Task
Create an integration task in a project or folder in Data Integration. An integration task lets you take a Data Integration data flow and configure the parameter values that you want to use at runtime.
An integration task in a project or folder can reference a data flow from any project or folder in the same workspace.
By default, Data Integration allows simultaneous or parallel task runs of a task at a given time. To disallow concurrent task runs that are initiated manually, select the Disable simultaneous execution of the task check box when you create the task. When simultaneous task runs are disallowed, a run request for the task fails if there's already a task run in progress that's in a non-terminal state.
- Open the project or folder in which you want to create the task.
- On the project or folder details page, click Tasks.
- In the Tasks section, click Create task and select Integration.
On the Create integration task page, enter the following basic information:
In the Name and Identifier fields, enter the values that you want or let Data Integration fill in the values automatically, based on the name of the data flow that you select for this task (in the next step).
If you want Data Integration to fill in the fields automatically, don't change or enter values before you select a data flow. You can change the values after the fields are populated with values that are based on the selected data flow's name.
In either case, the identifier is a system-generated value based on the name. You can change the value, but after you create and save the task, you can't update the identifier.
- (Optional) Enter a description for the task.
- Select the Disable simultaneous execution of the task check box if you want to disallow concurrent runs of this task.
- (Optional) For Project or folder, click Select and select a different project or folder to save the task in.
- In the Name and Identifier fields, enter the values that you want or let Data Integration fill in the values automatically, based on the name of the data flow that you select for this task (in the next step).
In the Data flow section, click Select and select the data flow that this task runs by following these steps:
In the Select a data flow panel, perform one of the following actions:
- Select a data flow that's saved in the project or folder that you're working in currently.
- To select a data flow that's saved in a different project or folder, click Select next to the current project or folder name. In the Select project or folder panel that appears, select the project or folder and click Select. Then select the data flow from the list of available data flows.
Data Integration starts validating the selected data flow, and you're returned to the Create integration task page.
If there are any errors or warnings in the data flow, click the data flow's name to open it in a new tab. Resolve the errors or warnings and save the data flow. When you navigate back to the Create integration task page, Data Integration automatically validates the data flow again.
- In the Select a data flow panel, perform one of the following actions:
To save the task for the first time, click one of the following buttons:
Create: Creates and saves the task. You can continue to create and edit the task.
Create and close: Creates and saves the task, closes the page, and returns you to the tasks list on the project or folder details page.
Save periodically while you work by clicking one of the following buttons:
Save: Commits changes since the last save. You can continue editing after saving.
Save and close: Commits changes, closes the page, and returns you to the tasks list on the project or folder details page.
Save as: Commits changes (since the last save) and saves to a copy instead of overwriting the current task. You can provide a name for the copy and select a different project or folder for the copy, or save the copy in the same project or folder as the existing task.
If parameters are assigned in the selected data flow, view and change the default parameter values by following these steps:
- In the Configure parameters section, click Configure.
On the Configure parameters page, change the default values as needed.
Consider the following restrictions when editing the default values:
If the incremental extract strategy for a BICC source is configured to use a date that's managed by the Data Integration system parameter
SYS.LAST_LOAD_DATE, you're not allowed to change the date value during design time.
If the incremental extract strategy for a BICC source is configured to use a parameterized last extract date that you have added, you can change the date value during design time and runtime.
If a parameterized target data entity is configured to use the Merge strategy, you can change the Merge key selection.
- For a parameterized data asset that requires a staging location: If you select a data asset that doesn't have a default staging location specified in that data asset, Data Integration displays a warning notification. When you see the notification, choose one of the following options:
- Update that data asset by adding a default staging location.
- Choose a different data asset that has a default staging location.
Click Configure or Cancel.
You're returned to the Create integration task page.
In the Validate task section, click Validate to check the parameter configurations.
If there are errors or warnings, click View messages. Resolve any errors before you publish the task.
- When you finish configuring the task, click Create and close or Save and close.
Publish the integration task to an application in Data Integration before you run the task or schedule the task for running. You can also publish the integration task to OCI Data Flow, if applicable. For publishing information, see Task Publishing.
Run the CreateTask operation with the appropriate resource subtype to create an integration task.