Before you enable Database Management for Autonomous Databases, you must:
- Complete the general Oracle Cloud Infrastructure prerequisite tasks listed in Perform General Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Prerequisite Tasks.
- Obtain the permissions required to enable Database Management for Autonomous Databases, as detailed in Permissions Required to Enable Database Management for Autonomous Databases.
To enable Database Management for Autonomous Databases:
- Sign in to the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure console.
- At the top of the page, ensure that the region in which you want to enable Database Management is selected.Note
Cross-region monitoring and management of Oracle Databases is not available.
- Open the navigation menu, click Oracle Database, and then click Autonomous Database.
- On the left pane on the Autonomous Databases page, choose the compartment from the Compartment drop-down list that contains the Autonomous Database for which you want to enable Database Management.
- Click the name of the Autonomous Database for which you want to enable Database Management.The Autonomous Database Details page is displayed.
- Under Associated Services, click
Enable next to Database Management.The message in the Enable Database Management dialog box provides information on the Database Management features that are available at an additional cost, if Database Management is enabled.
- Click Enable in the Enable Database Management dialog box.
After Database Management is successfully enabled, the Enable option next to Database Management on the Autonomous Database Details page is replaced with Enabled. A Disable option is also displayed, which you can click to disable Database Management.