You can view the number of open alarms for storage servers in the Exadata Infrastructure.
The alarms in the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Monitoring service monitor resources such as storage servers by using metrics and notify you when these metrics meet alarm-specified triggers.
This topic provides information on how to monitor the alarms raised for storage servers in the Exadata Infrastructure. For information on how to monitor alarms for the associated DB systems, see Monitor Alarms for External Database Systems.
For information on:
- Permissions required to create alarms and how to create alarms, see Managing Alarms.
- Namespace, resource, and dimensions of the storage servers monitored by Database Management, see Database Management Metrics for Exadata Infrastructure.
To monitor the alarms for storage servers in Database Management, the OCID of the storage server must be specified using the
resourceId dimension. The open alarms for the storage servers for
resourceId dimension is specified are displayed on the
Storage server details page. In addition, the
exadataInfrastructureId dimension, which is the OCID of the Exadata
Infrastructure, must be specified when creating the alarm for storage servers to monitor
them on the following Database Management pages:
- Exadata fleet summary: Displays the total number of open alarms for the discovered Exadata Infrastructure resources in the selected compartment.
- Exadata infrastructure details: Displays the total number of open alarms for the storage servers in a single Exadata Infrastructure.
- Storage Server grid details: Displays the total number of open alarms for the storage servers in a storage server grid.
Click the number of alarms on the Database Management pages to access the Alarms panel. In the Alarms panel, you can:
- View the list of open alarms along with information such as the name
and severity of the alarm.
If you want to view all the open alarms in the compartment, then click the link in the introductory text in the Alarms panel. A list of open alarms is listed on the Alarm Status page in the Monitoring service.
- Select the Show suppressed alarms check box to view suppressed alarms. Suppression is a configuration to avoid publishing messages during the specified time range. For information on the suppression configuration, see Managing Alarms.
- Use the Severity drop-down list or the Search by... field to filter the list of alarms.
- Click the name of the Exadata Infrastructure in the Exadata infrastructure column to go to the details page of the Exadata Infrastructure that has the open alarm. Note that the Exadata infrastructure column is only displayed if you access the Alarms panel from the Exadata fleet summary page.
- Click the name of the alarm to go to the Alarm Definitions page in the Monitoring service. On this page, you can review information about the alarm, such as its summary, severity, evaluation, and history. You can also perform actions such as suppressing, updating, or deleting the alarm. For information on the Alarm Definitions page, see Managing Alarms.