Monitor the deployment health, capacity, and overall performance of your Oracle Cloud Infrastructure GoldenGate deployments using metrics, alarms, and notifications.
GoldenGate metrics help you measure the amount of data replicated between source and target databases.
The following terms are helpful for understanding metrics:
- Namespace: A container for GoldenGate metrics.
The namespace for GoldenGate is
- Metrics: The fundamental concept in telemetry and monitoring. Metrics define a time-series set of datapoints. Each metric is uniquely defined by namespace, metric name, compartment identifier, a set of one or more dimensions, and a unit of measure. Each datapoint has a timestamp, a value, and a count associated with it.
- Dimensions: A key-value pair that defines the characteristics associated with
the metric. For example,
resourceId, which is the GoldenGate deployment OCID.
- Statistics: Metric data aggregations over specified periods of time. Aggregations are done using the namespace, metric name, dimensions, and the datapoint unit of measure within the time period specified.
- Alarms: Used to automate operations monitoring and performance. An alarm keeps track of changes that occur over a specific period of time. It also performs one or more defined actions, based on the rules defined for the metric.
- IAM policies: To monitor resources, you must be given the required type of access in a policy written by an administrator, whether you're using the Console or the REST API with an SDK, CLI, or other tool. The policy must give you access to the monitoring services as well as the resources being monitored. If you try to perform an action and get a message that you don’t have permission or are unauthorized, confirm with your administrator the type of access you've been granted and which compartment you should work in. For more information on user authorizations for monitoring, see Monitoring or Notifications.
- The metrics listed on this page are automatically available for any GoldenGate deployment you create. You do not need to enable monitoring on the resource to get these metrics.
GoldenGate metrics may include the following dimensions:
deploymentId: For all metrics, the
deploymentIdis the deployment OCID.
deploymentName: Name of the GoldenGate service deployment
|Metric||Metric Display Name||Unit||Description||Dimensions|
||CPU Utilization||percent||Total CPU usage percentage by all consumer groups||
Total number of OCPUs used by the deployment.
When the count is lower than the minimum number of OCPUs, the minimum is shown.
When the number of OCPUs is greater than the minimum number, the actual number of OCPUs used is shown.
||Percentage of Memory Used||percent||Percentage of available memory used||
||Deployment Health||percent||Overall percentage health of deployment services||
||Deployment Inbound Lag||seconds||Average lag for all inbound streams, critical to deployment health||
||Deployment Outbound Lag||seconds||Average lag for all outbound streams, critical to deployment health||
Using the Console
- In the Console navigation menu, under Solutions and Platform, go to Monitoring and then select Service Metrics.
- For Compartment, select the compartment that contains the GoldenGate deployments you're interested in.
- For Metric Namespace, select oci_goldengate.
Refresh your browser to view the latest metrics emitted by the service.