- Services: Container Engine for Kubernetes
- Release Date: Sept. 12, 2019
Oracle Container Engine for Kubernetes now supports a new version of the Kubernetes configuration file (the 'kubeconfig' file). The kubeconfig file provides clients (such as kubectl) with the necessary details to access Kubernetes clusters. The new kubeconfig version (version 2.0.0) includes security improvements for Kubernetes environments, including short-lived cluster-scoped tokens with automated refreshing.
Note the following:
- The kubeconfig 2.0.0 tokens are specific to individual users. As a result, you cannot share kubeconfig 2.0.0 files between users.
- To continue to access Kubernetes clusters, you must upgrade to kubeconfig 2.0.0 by November 15th, 2019. For more information, see Downloading a kubeconfig File to Enable Cluster Access.
- There is a known issue with kubeconfig 2.0.0 and in-cluster Helm access. For more information about the issue and the workaround, see the known issue Unable to access in-cluster Helm.
For more information, see Downloading a kubeconfig File to Enable Cluster Access.