- Services: Database
- Release Date: Dec. 7, 2021
The infrastructure setup of a Dedicated Autonomous Database has changed with the introduction of the new cloud Autonomous Exadata VM Cluster resource. The primary differences are as follows:
- The cloud Exadata Infrastructure (EXA) resource replaces the Autonomous Exadata Infrastructure resource in the existing model. This resource is also used by Exadata Cloud Service, and the existing cloud Exadata infrastructure APIs are used for both Autonomous and regular Exadata systems.
- The cloud Autonomous Exadata VM Cluster (AVM) resource is now provisioned within a cloud Exadata Infrastructure resource. This is a new layer on which you can now provision Autonomous Container Databases. New APIs have been introduced for the cloud Autonomous VM Cluster resource.
- Networking, license configuration and certificate management is moved from the Exadata Infrastructure resource to the new cloud Autonomous Exadata VM Cluster resource.
- Events are available for the cloud Autonomous VM Cluster resource as part of the OCI Events and Notifications service.
For more information:
- Overview of Latest Resource Model.
- For a comprehensive comparison with the current resource model, see Comparison with Current Resource Model.
- To understand how your existing Dedicated Autonomous Database infrastructure resources update to the latest resource model, see Updating to Latest Resource Model.