You can create an association between certain types of services. Service association allows services to communicate with each other.
For example, you can associate an Oracle Java Cloud Service with an Oracle Database Cloud Service, so that your Java applications can read from and write to your database service.
A single Oracle Java Cloud Service can be associated with only one Oracle Database Cloud Service.
A single Oracle Database Cloud Service can be associated with only one Oracle Java Cloud Service, with one exception: if you purchase a DB50 level of database service, then you can associate more than one Oracle Java Cloud Service with it.
You can also associate Oracle Java Cloud Service-SaaS Extension (Oracle JCS-SX) with Oracle Software as a Service (Oracle SaaS) applications such as Oracle HCM Cloud Service, Oracle ERP Cloud Service, or Oracle CRM Cloud Service, if the services are active and are in the same identity domain as Oracle Database Schema Cloud Service.
In all cases, two services can be associated only if they are in the same identity domain.
When you sign up for an Oracle Java Cloud Service trial subscription, your subscription automatically includes an Oracle Database Cloud Service trial subscription. In addition, Oracle Cloud automatically associates the two services. There is no other option for performing service associations with trial services.
- Sign in to Applications Console or Infrastructure Classic Console.Sign in to the Applications Console if you want to work with Oracle Cloud Applications. Sign in to Infrastructure Classic Console if you want to access Oracle Cloud infrastructure and platform services. If you see Infrastructure Classic at the top of the page when you sign in to Oracle Cloud, then you are using Infrastructure Classic Console and your subscription does not support access to the Infrastructure Console.
- Navigate to the service listing for which you want to associate or disassociate a service.
- Click the service name to open the details page for the service.
- Click the Associations tile.
- Click Manage Associations.
In the Manage Associations dialog box, select services and use the left and right arrows to move services back and forth between the Non Associated Services column and the Currently Associated Services column.
Only services eligible to be associated with your selected service are listed.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Click OK to confirm.
The system updates the Associated Services section with the current status, such as
Pending association or
When the processing is complete, the system updates the information on the Associations tile and in the Associated Services section. In addition, Oracle Cloud sends you an email whenever the association for a service changes.