Relocating a Service Entitlement to Another Identity Domain
The provisioning of identity domains for service entitlements is based on service availability and capacity constraints in data centers. When you activate orders, typically, they are activated in a default identity domain or account.
However, when moving a service entitlement, ensure the following:
For service entitlements, the target identity domain must belong to the same customer account ID in any data center. However, you must be the account administrator in both the identity domains (source and target).
The target identity domain should not contain other entitlements of the same type as those that are being moved. For example, if you want to move Oracle Database Cloud Service (Oracle DBCS) and its dependent services (such as Oracle Database Backup, Compute, or Storage) to another identity domain, the target identity domain should not have existing Oracle DBCS entitlements.
You are an account administrator for the dependent services, which should also be relocated to the same target identity domain. For example, if you are trying to move Oracle DBCS to another domain, then you must be an account administrator for the dependent services as well.
The selected service entitlement must be in an active or suspended state.
- Sign in to My Account.
- Navigate to the appropriate service listing.
- Click the service entitlement name to open the details page for that service.
- Click the Identity Domain Administration tile in the details page.
- Click the Relocate Service tab.
- Select an identity domain from the list. Domains that contain only trial services are not displayed in the list.
- Alternatively, you can specify a new target identity domain to move the service. Select Create New Identity Domain and enter a unique domain name.
- Specify a service name in the Service Name field. If the service you are moving already exists in the target domain, the system prompts you to change the service name. For example, if you are moving a service entitlement S1 from the domain ID1 to ID2 that already has S1, then you can rename S1 to something like S1-new. For services that come in pairs and contain
testas suffixes, ensure that the new service name you provide continues to have these corresponding suffixes.
- Click Submit. The system prompts you for confirmation. Click Ok to proceed.
While the service status is still pending relocation, you can’t perform other actions such as service lock, service association, domain rename, or domain administrator creation.
You can’t submit another relocation request for the selected service entitlement while one request is still in progress.
You’re not an account administrator to any of the dependent services that must be relocated.
The target identity domain does not belong to the same account.
The target identity domain contains services that are of the same type as those being moved.
The Relocate Service tab is enabled only for service entitlements that support service relocation and is disabled for trial services.