After creating an instance, if your instance is in the running state, you should be able to log in to your instance. However, if you’re unable to access an instance that is in the running state and you need information to help you understand why you’re not able to access the instance, you can generate a screen capture of the instance. The screen capture images are stored in the associated Oracle Storage Cloud Service account.
Screen capture image files are stored in the associated Oracle Storage Cloud Service instance. Ensure that you’ve set a replication policy for your Oracle Storage Cloud Service instance. See Selecting a Replication Policy for Oracle Storage Cloud Service in Using Oracle Storage Cloud Service.
To complete this task, you must have the
Compute_Operationsrole. If this role isn’t assigned to you or you’re not sure, then ask your system administrator to ensure that the role is assigned to you in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic Console. See Modifying User Roles in Managing and Monitoring Oracle Cloud.
- Sign in to the Compute Classic console. If your domain spans multiple sites, select the appropriate site. To change the site, click the Site menu near the top of the page.
- The Instances page shows a list of instances. Go to the instance for which you want to generate a screen capture. From the menu, select View.
- On the instance details page, click the Screen Captures tab in the left pane.The Screen Captures page is displayed.
- To generate a screen capture, click Create Screen Capture. A screen capture is created and displayed. It is also added to the list of screen captures.
- To view an existing screen capture of the instance, select it from the list. Screen captures are listed in reverse chronological order, with the most recent screen captures on top.
- If you no longer need a screen capture, you can delete it. The corresponding screen capture image in the associated Oracle Storage Cloud Service account is deleted.
To generate a screen capture of an instance using the API, use the
POST /console/screencapture/ method. You must specify the instance you want a screen capture of as well as the Oracle Storage Cloud Service account associated with your Oracle Compute Cloud Service account. The screen capture image is generated and saved in the associated Oracle Storage Cloud Service account. The path to access this screen capture file is returned in the response to your API call. For more information, see REST API for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute Classic.
After you’ve generated a screen capture using the API, to view the file, download it from your Oracle Storage Cloud Service account. See Downloading an Object in Using Oracle Storage Cloud Service.