An administrator can enable auditing, configure the connection to the data source for auditing, and create auditing reports.
About Audit of Reports and Catalog Objects
You can audit the reports and catalog objects.
When you enable auditing, you can find out the time of access and who accessed the catalog objects such as reports, data models, sub-templates, style templates, and folders.
Auditing helps you track:
- Report start, execution, end, and download
- Report job pause, resume, and cancellation
- Resource creation, modification, copy, and deletion
- Resource access
Enable Audit of Reports and Catalog Objects
Administrators can enable or disable auditing of publishing activities.
- Navigate to the Server Configuration page.
- Select Enable Monitor and Audit.
- Set Audit Level to Medium.
Specify the Data Source for Audit
Configure the data source for auditing if you wan to create the audit reports.
- In the Administration page, click JNDI Connection.
- Click Add Data Source.
- In the Data Source Name field, enter AuditViewDB.
- In the JNDI Name field, enter jdbc/AuditViewDataSource.
- Click Test Connection to confirm the connection to the AuditViewDB data source.
- Define security for this data source. Move the required roles from the Available Roles list to the Allowed Roles list. Only users assigned the roles on the Allowed Roles list can create or view reports from this the data source.
- Click Apply.
View Audit Data
You can download and use the sample reports for viewing the audited information.
The sample reports use the JNDI connection to fetch data from the data source for auditing. The report layout and data model are pre-designed in the sample reports. You can customize the report layout, but don't change the data model in the sample reports. The sample reports are configured to run as a scheduled job because the size of auditing data can be large. If you want to view an audit report online, select the Run Report Online property and make sure you don't select the Auto Run property of the report.
To view audit data:
- Download the sample audit reports from the Publisher home page in Oracle Technology Network.
- Upload the sample audit reports to a shared folder in the catalog.
- Schedule the sample audit reports you want to view.
- Navigate to the sample audit report in the catalog.
- Click Schedule.
- In the General tab, specify the dates for the Date From and Date To parameters.
- In the Output tab, make sure the output format is PDF.You can add delivery destinations if required.
- After the scheduled job completes, view the report in the Report Job History page.