After you've installed and deployed Data Gateway, you can start analyzing data in your on-premises database.
- Create a connection to your on-premises database:
- From the Home page, click Create, then Connection.
- Click a connection type that supports remote connectivity. For example, Oracle Database.
- Use the Create Connection dialog to
specify the connection details of your on-premises database.For example, for an on-premises Oracle Database, specify the Host, Port, Service Name, and credentials.
- Enable the Use Remote Data Connectivity
option.If you don't see this option, make sure that the administrator has enabled one of the remote connectivity options in Console on the Remote Data Connectivity page.
- Create a new visualization project based on the connection that you created in the Step 1, and add columns from your on-premises database to the project.
- If you've also configured remote connection for reporting, in Classic Home, create a new analyis based on the connection that you created in Step 1, and add columns from your on-premises database to the analysis.