You can define data filters for fact tables, dimension tables, and columns that provide row-level security for data model objects. For example, you can create a filter that restricts access to the Products table so that only certain brands are visible to users assigned to a particular role.
- In Data Modeler, lock the model for editing.
- Edit the fact table, dimension table, or column you want to secure.
- Select the Data Filters tab.
- Add a role to the Data Filters list by doing one of the following:
- Click Add and select the appropriate role.
- In the left pane, click Roles. Then, drag and drop a role to the Data Filters list.
- Enter an expression to specify which data is accessible for that role. Either enter the expression directly, or click Full Editor to display the Expression Editor.
You can use a variable in a data filter expression.
- Select Enable to specify whether the filter is enabled for that role.
- To remove filters from the Data Filters list, do one of the following:
- Right-click a filter and select Remove.
- Select Remove from the Actions menu for that filter.
- Select multiple filters using Shift-click or Ctrl-click, then select Remove Selected from the Data Filters Action menu.
- Remove all filters by selecting Remove All from the Data Filters Action menu.
- Click Done.