You can create a connection to a database and use the connection to access data, build a dataset, and visualize data.
You can't use remote connections to save a dataset from a Data Flow.
- On the Home page, click Create, then click Connection.
- In Create Connection dialog, click the connection type, for example, Oracle Database.
- Enter a unique name for
the new connection, and database connection details.
- If you’re not creating an SSL connection, specify the connection information for the database, such as the hostname, port, credentials, service name and so on.
- If you’re creating an SSL connection, in the Client
Wallet field, click Select to browse
cwallet.ssofile. Ask your administrator for the location of the
- Use the Connection Type option to specify how you'd like
- When you create connections to Oracle Databases, you
can connect in two ways using the Connection Type option:
- Basic - Specify the Host, Port, and Service Name of the database.
- Advanced - In the
Connection String field specify the Single
Client Access Name (SCAN) ID of databases running in a RAC cluster. For
sales.example.com =(DESCRIPTION= (ADDRESS_LIST= (LOAD_BALANCE=on)(FAILOVER=ON) (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=126.96.36.199)(PORT=1521)) (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=188.8.131.52)(PORT=1521)) (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=184.108.40.2063)(PORT=1521))) (CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME= salesservice.example.com)))
Enable Bulk Replication - If you’re loading a dataset for a workbook, then this option should be turned off and you can ignore it. This option is reserved for data analysts and advanced users for replicating data from one database to another database.
- When you create connections to Oracle Databases, you can connect in two ways using the Connection Type option:
- If you're connecting to an on-premises database, click Use Remote
Data Connectivity.Check with your administrator that you can access the on-premises database.
- If you want data modelers to be able to use these connection details. click System connection. See Database Connection Options.
- Click Save.