Install Data Gateway on a machine in the network where the data source is hosted. You can install Data Gateway interactively or silently using an Oracle Universal Installer response file. To deploy Data Gateway agents on multiple machines, repeat the installation and configuration steps for each machine.
- Download Data Gateway from OTN (see Before You Start with Data Gateway).
- To install Data Gateway for a server deployment:
Skip step 3.
- Extract the
datagateway-linux64-<version>.zipfile to a Linux machine. Make the
datagateway-linux64-<version>.binfile executable (for example, using chmod 777).
- Use the
datagateway-<platform>-<version>.bin file to start the installer.Alternatively, install Data Gateway silently using an Oracle Universal Installer response file and skip to Step 4. Note: To upgrade Data Gateway in silent mode, first create a response file by running the installer with the GUI until you are prompted to save the response file, but don't complete the installation. When you create a response file for an upgrade, you specify an existing Data Gateway install location.
- If a Welcome dialog is displayed, click Next.
- At the Installation
Location dialog, specify where you'd
like to install Data Gateway on the local machine,
then click Next.
To upgrade an earlier server installation of Data Gateway on Linux, specify the location of the existing Data Gateway installation. You'll retain your original configuration details.
- At the Select Remote Data Version dialog, select Remote Data Gateway.
- At the Credentials dialog, create a username and password for logging into the Data Gateway Agent Configuration page.
- Under Next Steps, click Start Jetty, then click Finish.
- Extract the
- To install Data Gateway for a personal deployment, unzip to a folder (Windows) or install the package to the
- Optional: After you've installed or Data Gateway, if you're using an internet proxy for Data Gateway, perform these additional steps:
- Stop the Data Gateway agent.
- On the machine where you've installed Data Gateway, configure the Data Gateway properties:
In a server deployment, edit this file:
In a personal deployment, edit this file:
- Update the following properties with the details of your internet proxy host:
- proxyHost (for example, www-proxy.us.oracle.com)
- proxyPort (for example, 80)
- Start the Data Gateway agent.
<Data Gateway install folder>/domain/bin/folder. Example output:
Data Gateway Jetty Home: <Jetty home> Data Gateway Domain Home: <Domain home> Data Gateway Jetty HTTP Port: <Port> Data Gateway Status: <Data Gateway status> (For example, UP.) URL: <URL for Data Gateway Agent Configuration page> (For example, http://example.com:8080/obiee/config.jsp.)