You can add notes to a canvas on the Narrate pane to refer to a specific spot or data point such as a column in a table, a particular horizontal bar, or a cluster in a Scatter plot.
- In your project, click Narrate and select the canvas where you want to add notes.Alternatively, in the Canvases Panel, select a canvas and click Canvases List or right-click, then click Add to Story. You can also drag and drop the canvas from the Canvases Panel to the Story page.
- Select a data point or spot on the visualization where you want to add a data reference annotation and click Add Note.Alternatively, click Add Note to annotate your canvas with insights.
- Enter the text you want to show in the note.
- In the format text dialog, do the following:
- Define the format of the note text.
- Click Link if you want to insert a web address in the note. In the Hyperlink dialog, enter the web address and click OK.
- Continue adding notes to your canvas.
You can’t connect a note to a data point or spot on the following visualization types:
- Correlation Matrix
- Parallel Coordinates
- Chord Diagram
Edit a Note
You can edit the text or web addresses inserted in notes.
- Select the canvas where you added the note you want to edit.
- Click the note on the visualization.Alternatively, select the note body and click the drop-down arrow, then click Edit.
- Edit the text or web address in the note.
- Click outside of the note body.
Adjust a Note
You can adjust a note after you add it to a canvas on the Narrate pane. For example, you can move the note around on the canvas, connect or detach it from a data point, resize it, or hide it.
- In the Narrate pane, select the canvas where you added the note that you want to adjust.
- Select the note body and click the drop-down arrow, then select the appropriate option such as Duplicate, Show Connector, or Hide Note.
- In the properties pane, click the Note tab, and use the options to hide or delete the note.
- To connect the note to a data point, hover the mouse pointer over the note to
see the connection dots be displayed on the note body.Click a connection dot and drag the cursor to a data point on the visualization.
- To alter the data points attached to the note, do the following:
- Select the note body and click the drop-down arrow, then select Detach from Data.
- Select a connection dot and drag the cursor to the new data points.
- Select a note body and perform the following actions:
- Drag the selected note to a new position.
- Drag the note body sizing handle left and right or up and down.