For the data created by a data flow you can change the default name and description, specify where to save the data, and specify runtime parameters. If you're saving the ouput from your data flow to a database, before you start, create a connection to one of the supported database types.
- Click Add a step (+) and select Save Data. Or, if you’ve already saved the data flow, then click the Save Data step.
- In the Save Data Set pane,
optionally change the default Name
and add a Description.If you don't change the default Name value, you'll generate a data set named 'untitled'. After you run this data flow, you'll see the generated data set in the Data Sets page (click Data from the navigator on the Home page).
- Click Save data to and select a
- Choose Data Set Storage to save the output data in a data set in Oracle Analytics Cloud.
- Choose Database Connection save the output data in one of the supported database types.
- If you’ve selected Database Connection,
specify details about the database connection.Before you start, create a connection to one of the supported database types.
- Click Select connection
to display the Save Data to
Database Connection dialog, and select
You can save to a range of databases, including Oracle, Oracle Big Data Cloud Service (Compute Edition), Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, Apache Hive, Hortonworks Hive, and Map R Hive.
To find out which databases you can write to, refer to the More Information column in Supported Data Sources.
- In the Table field,
optionally change the default table name.The table name must conform to the naming conventions of the selected database. For example, the name of a table in an Oracle database can’t begin with numeric characters.
- In the When run field, specify whether you'd like to replace existing data or add new data to existing data.
- Click Select connection to display the Save Data to Database Connection dialog, and select a connection.
- Select the When Run Prompt to specify Data Set option if you want to specify the name of the output data set or table at run time.
- In the Columns table, change or select
the database name, the attribute or measure, and the
aggregation rules for each column in the output data
Column name Description Treat As Select how each output column is treated, as an attribute or measure. Default Aggregation
Select the aggregation rules for each output column (such as Sum, Average, Minimum, Maximum, Count, or Count Distinct).
You can select the aggregation rules if a specific column is treated as a measure in the output data set.
Change the database name of the output columns.
You can change the column name if you’re saving the output data from a data flow to a database.
If you’ve selected data set storage, go to the Data page and select Data Sets to see your output data set in the list.
Click Actions menu or right-click and select Inspect, to open the data set dialog.
In the data set dialog, click Data Elements and check the Treat As and Aggregation rules that you’ve selected for each column in the Save Data step.
If you're saving output data to a database, go to the table in that database and inspect the output data.