You can copy catalog content from one environment to another using the catalog archive/unarchive options. Archiving saves your content to a
.catalog file on your local file system. Unarchiving uploads content from catalog files to another catalog location.
Save Content to a Catalog Archive
You can copy or move content you create in one environment to another environment using the catalog archive/unarchive feature. Archiving saves a single object or a folder containing multiple objects to a
.catalog file on your local file system.
.catalogfile at a different location.
- On the Classic home page, click Catalog.
- Navigate to the folder or object you want to copy or move to another catalog.If you select a folder, all the content in that folder is included in the catalog archive, including any subfolders.
- Select Archive.
- Select Keep Permissions to save the permission settings, if any.If you don’t select this option, permissions are excluded. This can be useful if you're migrating content from a test environment and none of the permissions you assigned to test users are required in the production system. When you unarchive, the content inherits permissions from the parent folder on the target system.
- Select Keep Timestamps to save information such as time created, last modified, and last accessed.When you unarchive, timestamp information is retained and you can choose to only overwrite items that are older than those in the catalog archive.If you don’t select Keep Timestamps, the original age of content isn’t saved or considered when you unarchive the content.
- Click OK.
- Select Save File.If you want to, change the name of the catalog file.
- Select a folder and click Save.
Upload Content from a Catalog Archive
You can upload business intelligence content from Oracle
Analytics Cloud, and Oracle BI Enterprise
Edition 126.96.36.199.0 or later. Select the catalog folder where you want the content to go, and , if you have BI Consumer permissions, you'll see an Unarchive option. Point to a catalog archive, any valid
.catalog file, to copy its content to this folder.
- On the Classic home page, click Catalog.If you’re not on the Classic home page, first click Open Classic Home on the toolbar or navigator bar.
- Navigate to the folder where you want to unarchive the content of your file.
- Select Unarchive.
- Click Browse. to find the catalog file.
- New content is always uploaded but you can decide what happens when matching content exists in the target catalog.
For Replace, select one from:
- None: Never overwrite existing content. This is the default setting.
- All: Overwrite existing content, except for content marked Read-Only.
- Old: Overwrite existing content if it’s older than the content in the file.
- Force: Overwrite all content, even newer content and content marked Read-Only.
- Click OK.
For reports to work, all the required tables and data must be available to Oracle Analytics Cloud. Load the data or connect to the data if it’s stored in an Oracle Cloud database.