On the Aliases tab, you can assign alternate names, or aliases, to a dimension, member, or shared member. For example, in the <yourapplication>.Basic cube outline, members of the Product dimension are identified by product codes, such as 100, and by descriptive aliases, such as Cola.
- On the Applications page, expand the application.
- From the Actions menu, to the right of the cube name, select Outline.
- Click Edit.
- Drill into the outline to find the member you want to update and select it.
- From the menu for that member, select Inspect.
- Click Aliases.
- In the field for the alias table you want to use, enter the value of the alias.
- Click Apply and Close.
- Click Save.