You can view dimension hierarchies in the Cube Designer Dimension Hierarchy viewer. To learn more about hierarchies, see Outline Hierarchies in Designing and Maintaining Essbase Cubes.
- Open the application workbook containing the hierarchy that you want to view.
- Select the dimension worksheet for the hierarchy that you want to view.
- On the Cube Designer ribbon, select Hierarchy Viewer .
When you view a hierarchy in Cube Designer, you can perform some actions on the hierarchy. These include:
To search for a member in the hierarchy, enter a member name in the Find Next text box, and click Find Next .
To find a member of the dimension in the application workbook dimension worksheet, either double-click a member in the hierarchy or right click on a member in the hierarchy and select Go To .
The corresponding member in the application workbook is highlighted.
- To rename a member:
- Right-click a member in the hierarchy and select Rename .
- Enter the new member name.
- Press Enter.
The corresponding member is renamed wherever found within the Parent and Child columns of the dimension worksheet.
- To set storage for all parents (except members containing formulas or defined as label only) to dynamic calc or to stored:
- Select the member in the hierarchy and click Edit parents .
- On the drop-down menu, select Set storage to dynamic calc or Set storage to stored.
- To expand or collapse a hierarchy:
- Right-click a member in the hierarchy.
- Select Expand All or Collapse All.
- To show or hide aliases, storage, or operators:
- Click Show .
- Click Alias, Storage, or Operator, to show or hide those items.