LCM Utility Use Cases
Oracle Analytics Cloud - Essbase provides a Lifecycle Management (LCM) command-line based utility that can be used to migrate Essbase on-premises applications, folders and elements using a
.zip file, for import to the cloud service. The following releases are supported for migration: 22.214.171.124.0nn, 126.96.36.199.0nn, 188.8.131.52.5nn, 12.2.1, and later.
Not all application and database elements can be exported. See Application Elements - Supported or Unsupported.
LCM Utility Download and Typical Usage
Use Case: Migrate from 184.108.40.206.nnn On-Premises to the Cloud Service
- On the Applications home page, click Utilities , and download the LCM utility (
- In the uncompressed downloaded file, run
EssbaseLCM.sh(Linux), based on the platform on which you want to run the utility.
Note:You can execute the file from any location against a remote cloud service instance.
- Manually convert the on-premises Essbase application to Unicode before exporting it to a
- Run the LCM export command to download the on-premises Essbase application and its elements to the specified
To import the application into the cloud service, use the Oracle Analytics Cloud - Essbase CLI tool to upload the
.zipfile to a target cloud service application.
- Log into the cloud service to see the application and cube on the Applications home page.
The LCM import and export commands are described in Migrating Cloud Service Applications.
- Download the LCM utility from the cloud service and execute it in the system running Essbase 220.127.116.11.nnn. This use case is similarly relevant to Essbase 18.104.22.168.nnn.
- Export the required source application using the utility. This includes application-level elements.
- In the exported
.zipfile, if a partition exists in the source application, then edit the partition XML to correct any partition settings.
- Import the
.zipfile into the cloud service using the CLI tool.
Note:You must move server-level substitution variables, which are used in on-premises applications, to the application level prior to import.
- After importing using CLI, perform the following in the Oracle Analytics Cloud - Essbase user interface:
- Assign calculation scripts to relevant users
- Assign cloud-based user roles to users