Before You Begin
This 10-minute tutorial shows you how to create a project, select data to use in the visualization, and modify the visualization. You learn how to filter, modify data properties, and change the visualization type.
You use a spreadsheet file as the data source to learn how to create visualizations.
What Do You Need?
- Access to Oracle Analytics
- Download sample_revenue.xlsx file to a location on your computer
- Sign in to Oracle Analytics with your credentials.
- On the Home page, click Create, and then click Project.
- In Add Data Set, click Create Data Set.
- In Create Data Set, click Drop data file here or click to browse, select the sample_revenue.xlsx file, and then click Add.
- In Add Data Set, click Add. In the Transform page, click Create Project.
- From the Data panel, hold down the Ctrl key and drag the following to the canvas:
Oracle Analytics chooses the best visualization type for the selected data elements.
- Click the visualization type list and select Horizontal Stacked as the visualization type.
- Select DEPARTMENT and drag it to Color so that PROD_TYPE and DEPARTMENT exchange places in the Grammar panel.
Filter the Data
- In the canvas, click Add Filter .
- From the SAMPLE_REVENUE list, select PROD_TYPE.
- From the PROD_TYPE list, select Cell Phones and Smart Phones, and click inside the dialog to close the list.
- From the Data panel, select COMPANY, and drag it to Color to replace DEPARTMENT.
- In the canvas, click the menu , and select Clear filter selections.
- Next to PROD_TPYE (2), click the Menu , and then select Delete.
Change the Revenue Data Element Properties
- Click Data.
- In the Data Diagram page, click the sample_revenue menu, and then select Open.
- In the Transform page, select the Revenue column. In REVENUE Properties, click Number Format .
- In the Number Format row, click Auto, and then select Currency.
- Click Go back. In Save Changes, click Save. Close the Home page.
- In the Data Diagram, click Visualize to return to your project.
- In the REVENUE by PROD_TYPE, COMPANY visualization, click the menu , select Sort, and then select Product Type and Company by Revenue low to high.
Create Your First Visualization
Copyright © 2021, Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Learn how to create a visualization in Oracle Analytics with sample data.
This software and related documentation are provided under a license agreement containing restrictions on use and disclosure and are protected by intellectual property laws. Except as expressly permitted in your license agreement or allowed by law, you may not use, copy, reproduce, translate, broadcast, modify, license, transmit, distribute, exhibit, perform, publish, or display any part, in any form, or by any means. Reverse engineering, disassembly, or decompilation of this software, unless required by law for interoperability, is prohibited.
If this is software or related documentation that is delivered to the U.S. Government or anyone licensing it on behalf of the U.S. Government, then the following notice is applicable:
U.S. GOVERNMENT END USERS: Oracle programs (including any operating system, integrated software, any programs embedded, installed or activated on delivered hardware, and modifications of such programs) and Oracle computer documentation or other Oracle data delivered to or accessed by U.S. Government end users are "commercial computer software" or "commercial computer software documentation" pursuant to the applicable Federal Acquisition Regulation and agency-specific supplemental regulations. As such, the use, reproduction, duplication, release, display, disclosure, modification, preparation of derivative works, and/or adaptation of i) Oracle programs (including any operating system, integrated software, any programs embedded, installed or activated on delivered hardware, and modifications of such programs), ii) Oracle computer documentation and/or iii) other Oracle data, is subject to the rights and limitations specified in the license contained in the applicable contract. The terms governing the U.S. Government's use of Oracle cloud services are defined by the applicable contract for such services. No other rights are granted to the U.S. Government.
This software or hardware is developed for general use in a variety of information management applications. It is not developed or intended for use in any inherently dangerous applications, including applications that may create a risk of personal injury. If you use this software or hardware in dangerous applications, then you shall be responsible to take all appropriate fail-safe, backup, redundancy, and other measures to ensure its safe use. Oracle Corporation and its affiliates disclaim any liability for any damages caused by use of this software or hardware in dangerous applications.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Intel and Intel Inside are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation. All SPARC trademarks are used under license and are trademarks or registered trademarks of SPARC International, Inc. AMD, Epyc, and the AMD logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices. UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group.
This software or hardware and documentation may provide access to or information about content, products, and services from third parties. Oracle Corporation and its affiliates are not responsible for and expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind with respect to third-party content, products, and services unless otherwise set forth in an applicable agreement between you and Oracle. Oracle Corporation and its affiliates will not be responsible for any loss, costs, or damages incurred due to your access to or use of third-party content, products, or services, except as set forth in an applicable agreement between you and Oracle.