To set up an Oracle Visual Builder service, tasks such as creating service instances and user accounts need to be performed by Oracle Cloud service administrators with specific roles. If you are a Visual Builder administrator you might not have sufficient privileges to perform the tasks described in this section, but you should be familiar with the steps for setting up the service and the various roles, processes and tools for administering Oracle Cloud services and users.
Set Up Oracle Visual Builder
Here are the steps for signing up for an Oracle Visual Builder promotion or subscription and creating a service instance:
- Sign up for a free credit promotion or purchase a subscription. See Requesting and Managing Free Oracle Cloud Promotions or Buying an Oracle Cloud Subscription in Getting Started with Oracle Cloud.After you sign up for an account you will receive an email message with details about your Oracle Cloud account and how to access your services.
Note:After signing up, it typically takes approximately 30 minutes before your services are available in the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console. You can start creating instances after your services are available.
- Sign in to Oracle Cloud.
If you received a welcome email, use it to identify the URL, your user name, and your temporary password. After signing in, you will be prompted to change your password.
- On most Oracle Cloud accounts, you access the Oracle Visual Builder console from the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console. On some older Oracle Cloud accounts, you access the Oracle Visual Builder console from the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic Console.
From the Infrastructure Console, click the navigation menu in the top left corner, expand Platform Services, and then click Visual Builder.
Description of the illustration oci_console_platform_menu_vb.png
From the Infrastructure Classic Console, click the navigation menu in the top left corner, and then click Visual Builder.
Description of the illustration classic_console_banner.png
- When you access the Oracle Visual Builder console the first time, you see the Welcome page. Click Instances.
- From the Instances page, you can create a new Oracle Visual Builder, or you can click an existing instance to view or manage it.
- Provision your service instance. See Create Your Service Instance.
- Create accounts for your users and assign them appropriate privileges and roles. See Add Users and Assign Roles.